Working in partnership with parents
At Selwyn, we believe that children learn best when supported by school and home, working in partnership. We thus encourage the following:
- Reading aloud to children throughout primary school.
- Listening to children read as often as possible.
- Helping children memorise their times tables (supporting the learning at school).
- Helping children interact with the world around them, using what they have learned at school (e.g. working out change, reading road signs, following directions on a map etc.)
- Selwyn’s homework information – September 2023 – provides an overview of our homework expectations by year group